First impressions count.
When someone walks into your facility, it’s important that they immediately feel like it’s a clean, comfortable, safe space. This is especially true in the hospitality and healthcare industries.
So what’s one of the best ways to ensure you make a great first impression?
Although it might sound silly, the state of your flooring is incredibly important to how others perceive the overall cleanliness of your facility. In fact, according to Procter & Gamble, “Facility appearance ratings can drop by as much as 75% if floor shine makes a bad first impression.”
Moreover, in a survey of high school students selecting a college, 62% said the condition of the facilities during their campus visit played a major role in their choice. It’s also been found that 91% of consumers choose where to shop based on whether or not the floor is clean.
So, whether your flooring is carpet or a hard surface, here are the 10 best services to properly take care of it in order to ensure you make a great overall impression!
Resilient Floor Care
Resilient facility floor care ensures the overall floor maintenance of hard surfaces, including tile, linoleum, hardwood, laminate, marble, and more.
If you have hard floor surfacing at your facility, here are some of the services you should look into:
- Stripping: Complete stripping and recoating of floor areas when necessary.
- Mopping: Wet mopping of all rooms and bathrooms and damp mopping of all corridor, lobby, and dining area floors.
- Waxing: Cleaning and polishing of floors while also protecting them from damage.
- Buffing: Polishing of floors while gathering any dirt or moisture left behind.
- Burnishing: Polishing floors at a higher speed to produce a wet-look shine.
Carpets can be tricky, especially when it comes to stains and people tracking in outdoor dirt.
Here are some services that can rid your carpeting of even the toughest of stains:
- Applying Pre-Treatment: Pre-treating high-traffic lanes with a solution that uses a concentrated and neutral PH formulation that’s effective on tough soils and designed for heavy stains.
- Applying Antimicrobial Treatment: Using a carpet fiber treatment designed to eliminate the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew while mitigating odor.
- Sanitizing: Sanitizing designated carpeted areas by applying a specialized carpet deodorizer and sanitizer to eliminate unhealthy bacteria.
- Shampooing: Spotting, treatment, cleaning and traffic protection of designated carpeted areas. You can use a hot water, steam, or dry process (the latter makes serviced areas immediately accessible after cleaning).
- Extraction: Low-moisture encapsulation extraction removes soil while improving overall carpet appearance.
- Bonneting: Eliminating soil trapped in carpets using carpet bonneting, which impregnates carpet fibers with a solution and then picks up the soil afterwards.
Whichever flooring your facility has, ensuring it’s clean won’t only make a good first impression, but will ensure building occupants and visitors alike know that you hold your organization to the highest standards of cleanliness.
Want to know more about how Encompass Onsite can help with your flooring needs? Click here.