Finding a cleaning company for your construction project seems easy enough on the surface, but the reality is that it can be quite complex. Part of the reason, is that almost every company likely tells you close to the same thing: “We will give you the lowest price, and the best quality”. In fact, you may have heard something similar from us, but if you pull back the curtain actually finding someone that can actually deliver what they say is very rare. That is why we recommend going a bit deeper in the following 6 areas, it will make all the difference.
Here are 6 things to look for before selecting a contractor that will be responsible for delivering an amazing first impression to your customers.
- Experience and expertise: The economy is thriving, and that means many “man and a van” companies are popping up all over the place. Competition is a great thing, but from your seat it’s important to understand to landscape so you can get predictable outcomes from your contractor. Finding someone who has been around for more than a few years, and has strong referenceable customers continues to be important in the modern economy. Especially when it comes to cleaning services.
- Comprehensive Services: Surprisingly enough, many companies actually don’t deliver all of the services they say they do. What can happen is that some of the work actually gets done be THEIR contractors. Now, that is not inherently a bad thing but it’s important for you to know as with all those complexities having a reliable and experience point person from the company selected is that much more important. Leading to the next point.
- Reliability: Such an obvious one, but so hard to find. Make sure the company you decide to work with shows up on time, and follows through on their promises. There are ways to test this before selecting a company to work with. For example, do they show up on time to meetings? Did they submit a quote in the timeframe you asked them to? If the answer is NO to any of these type of questions, you may want to do a double take before deciding to work with them.
- Availability: There are good and bad things about our smartphones, but one of the good things in the business world is how much easier it is to be available to customers. Particularly when things don’t go as planned (they hardly ever do), your cleaning contractor simply needs to be available and responsive. There’s no excuse nowadays, and it’s something you should expect. PS: At Mirage we think this is so important that we guarantee to our customers a 15 minute response time, or we take $100 off the job.
- Open and concise communication: You have SO much to deal with when it comes to managing a construction project, especially at the conclusion when you would engage a cleaning company. The completion of your project will be that much smoother if you can focus on inspections, customer timelines, and any last minute challenges. For that reason, finding people and providers that proactively communicate from start to finish is extremely important. It is a small thing, but if you have wasted time, energy, and money from the lack of communication you know that it can make the biggest difference.
- Fair Pricing: There are good and bad things about our smartphones, but one of the good things in the business world is how much easier it is to be available to customers. Particularly when things don’t go as planned (they hardly ever do), your cleaning contractor simply needs to be available and responsive. There’s no excuse nowadays, and it’s something you should expect.
At Mirage (an Encompass Onsite company), we embody all 6 of these things ans our results stand for themselves. Having been around for 20+ years, we are one of the trusted names in the industry when it comes to post construction cleaning. Contact us below, and let us know how we can help you with your upcoming projects.